Thursday, March 16, 2006

They Grow Up So Fast


I thought I'd share this picture of Dakotah. She took it herself this afternoon, standing in the bathroom, of all places.

I thought it was just a beautiful picture, and the light looks like natural light, not that of a glaring lightbulb.

She's very interested in photography, and she certainly seems to have a knack for it.

Its hard to believe she is only 12 years old...she won't even be a teenager until October. No one ever believes that!

She is 5'6" already 4.5" taller than I am! And, God help my soul, passes for a 16 or 17 year old constantly. She's leggy and very well "developed," and seems to get noticed a whole lot more than we'd wish!!

At my nephew's wedding in NY last Fall, she walked into a hotel room ahead of me, and about 7 or 8 young men in their 20's all went, "well, hel-looooooo" to her as she walked in. I quickly walked in behind her, and said, "hel-loooooo, she is 12!!"

Is it 2012 yet?

2 comments:

All 4 My Gals said...

She is beautiful! And talented!!

Kelley Nelson said...

I'm interested in, and am continually pursuing, photography as well. Dakatoh is beautiful, and tell her that is a very cool photo!