Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

2008!! Wow! How fast the years fly by! This year, I will turn 44, will celebrate my 17th wedding anniversary, will wish my kids a Happy 11th and 15th birthday; I am 3 times Dakotah's age, nearly 4 times Paige's age. I will have been a licensed driver for 28 years, will have been able to buy alcohol legally for 25 years, will have graduated from high school 26 years ago...

Those numbers really blow me away - really, life does whiz right by us, doesn't it?

Its the day of making New Year's resolutions, and I'm torn between committing, or trying to commit to a million of them, or just forget the whole dang thing.

Some of the things I'd like to do for 2008 is to take more pictures of my children, to laugh more, to do things I like to do more, to have more down time, to be more creative.

So typical of me though, is that every resolution contains the word "more" when in fact the best way for me to make real changes in my life is to embrace the word "less" a bit better.

Its now 12:30 - 12.5 hours since we rang the New Year in. I can hear Dakotah upstairs - she is just now getting up for the day. Wayne got up about 2 hours ago, but hasn't showered yet. Its snowing like crazy here, and he is settling in for (another) day of football.

I've been up since 6:30, have done laundry, vacumming, fed and dressed Paige, showered, tried to log on to my work computer about 200 times so I can get some work done there, spoken to three people on the phone, put the dog out twice, thought about dinner for tonight...

I totally suck at New Year's resolutions :)

1 comment:

Casdok said...

So do i! But like you say the year will wiz by so fast it will be new year again before you know it!!